YPC has been extremely successful, well received and has grown significantly. The organization has an immediate requirement for a Finance Manager. This candidate is responsible for overseeing finances for YPC, a non-profit organization. They would be a key member of the senior management team with full participation in all major administrative decisions. The Finance Manager attends meetings of the Board of Trustees and is the primary source of information regarding YPC’s finances. They are directly responsible for accounting including financial reporting, including budgeting, payroll, accounts payable, and receivable, cash receipts, grants finance, and scholarships.
Detailed Responsibilities Include:
- Manage payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable and contributions
- Make bank deposits and execute Paypal transactions
- Maintain general ledger, manage cash flow & forecasting, conduct bank and other reconciliations and oversee all accounts & investments
- Provide financial advice and guidance to the executive director
- Work cooperatively with external auditor in preparation of audited financial statements and Form 990 and ensures all necessary filings are completed
- Prepare and monitor grant budgets in collaboration with Director of Development
- Participate in ongoing strategic planning process with senior management team to help oversee budgetary planning and cost containment in alignment with plan
- Prepare monthly operating income/expense statements, restricted funds statements (including annual operating cash flow and working capital requirements) and other financial reports for the administrative staff, committees, and the Board of Trustees
- Coordinate and manage cost & revenue data analysis and reporting for each program and concert
- Work with the Registrar to track scholarships
- Finance Committee oversight is Responsible for banking and investments. Maintain close working relationships with banks and investment firms. Monitor cash balances and cash flow and invests available funds including temporarily and permanently restricted (cash reserve) funds.
- Maintain current knowledge on employment and work-related tax rules
- Serves as liaison for all legal, insurance, royalty and licensing issues
- Manage general office operations, including purchase orders, inventory, equipment and insurance
- Familiarity with FASB accounting
- Prepare monthly payroll for outside vendor and year-end reports including W 2, 1099 Misc., and 1099 R information
- Process new hires – payroll setup, and new hire reporting
- Meet with terminating employees concerning final pay, remaining vacation pay, office keys, and forwarding address
- Manage and maintain all contracts with program partners and vendors
- Represent YPC with outside entities (i.e. insurance brokers, attorneys, banks, auditors, vendors, artists, and other service-providers etc.)
- Finance Committee oversight is Responsible for risk management (commercial insurance – buildings, auto, liability, officers, and volunteers). Maintain close working relationships with insurance companies. Prepare annual reports to the Finance Committee on insurance coverage
- When necessary, may be required to oversee weekend concert productions
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in Non-profit financial management and controls
- Bachelor’s degree required; major in accounting, finance or statistics
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Non-profit, or other accounting software
- Experience working with Paychex payroll system
- Proficient in Excel (including pivot tables), Access and Word
- Experience preparing annual audit
- Strong (written and verbal) communication skills
- Experience preparing end of month reporting, including closing books, bank reconciliations, and basic financial modeling
- Integrity and devotion to team efforts
- Ability to multi task and exceptional organizational skills
- Pro-active approach, flexibility, and positive attitude extremely important
- Ability to learn new procedures on the job without formal training
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail required
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and willingness to push limits of existing abilities of the department to meet changing needs
The Young People’s Chorus of New York City is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the development and arts fields are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience. YPC offers a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes vacation time, individual medical and 401K plan.
For additional information on the YPC organization visit: www.ypc.org.
Please send all application materials to email@example.com.
Careers at YPC
Young People’s Chorus of New York City
37 West 65th Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10023